It was a pleasant Memorial Day up here in Jersey, although kind of hot. Still, we're not complaining, especially when Tropical Storm Beryl impacted so many of our Haband friends down in the southeast. But hopefully the weather was nice where you are and you were able to make the most of your Memorial Day. Whether you spent the day on the lake, at a family barbecue, or something altogether different, we hope you gave pause for at least a moment to remember the true reason we celebrate Memorial Day: those brave American servicemen and women and their families who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country. We'd love to hear about your Memorial Day - Tell us all about it in the comments section below!
Thursday, May 17, 2012
No, those are not the names of two of my former girlfriends. I've just come in from working in my garden, so I've got weather on my mind. We had a wetter than normal April up here in the northeast, but according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration ("Weather Dudes" for short) April was a mixed bag, precipitation-wise across our great United States. Some got more than usual, others less. But hopefully, you got enough of those April showers to be looking at least a few May flowers. As for me, my tomato and pepper plants are really doing well and I hope the lilies will start to bloom sometime soon. What have you got planted and how is it doing so far? We'd love to know!
Monday, May 7, 2012
Graduation is just around the corner once again, and I'm sure many of you have children or grandchildren who will be graduating from college and starting a new life on their own. Picking the perfect gift can be tough and it often seems like they have everything they need already! Maybe but I doubt there isn't something they could use! Try our gift guide below for some great suggestions and don't forget about good ol' cash. Who couldn't put THAT to good use, right? ;-D
- Something for the New Apartment- Many students this year will be moving to a different city - either to start a new job or to find the right one! Something like a single serve coffee brewing system might be just the thing to get your graduate started.
- Personalized Jewelry/Cufflinks- For the men add a classy professional look with a some personalized cufflinks. For the ladies a personalized necklace or bracelet will certainly be appreciated.
- Tablet or eReader- These fancy new computer Tablets and eReaders seem to be everywhere these days. Get them the latest tech and you will sure be getting them something that is both productive and fun.
- Networking Cards- Hopefully the job offers will be flying through the window but realistically they will need to do some job hunting. Plus you never know when you might run into the one person that can help. Make sure your grad is prepared with some networking cards.
- A Family Memento or Heirloom- Nothing makes a better gift then something with sentimental value. When I graduated my mother repaired an old watch for me that had once belonged to my grandfather.